Friday, July 23, 2010

US Airways - Voucher

It has now been approximately one week since I contacted US Airways regarding the change in fare of our upcoming flight to Vermont.  You can read about this original issue by clicking here.

I am pleased to report that US Airways has responded to my inquiry in this matter.  They have decided to issue us the price difference in our tickets as a voucher for a future flight, which comes out to $20/ticket.  The only stipulation to the voucher is that it must be redeemed for a flight within the next year.

While this isn't as ideal as a cash refund, I am still very pleased with the outcome.  We will no doubt be looking to go on more trips before that expiration date is up, so I have no doubt that we'll be able to use the voucher.

This also makes me a happier customer and makes me much more willing to fly US Airways in the future.  I definitely want to thank the airline for taking a look at the situation and making the correct and ethical decision.  I would like to specifically thank Rose Reckas from their Customer Relations department for getting this approved, and Janet from reservations for pushing it through.

This should also show all of our readers that you should always keep companies honest and if you have any issues with a reservation price change, you should contact the company and not settle until you get a satisfactory answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment