Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Campo's - The Worst Cheesesteak of Philly

I've lived in the Philly area now for about 10 years.  In that time, I've eaten a LOT of cheesesteaks from various places in the city and the suburbs.  Some have been amazing, some have been eh.  However, eating at Campo's this past weekend set a new standard for bad.  In my entire life, I never ate such a disgusting cheesesteak.

We ate at the location in Old City at 214 Market Street.  As soon as I bit into the first bite, I could just tell this was not going to be a good meal.  The meat was very tough and chewy.  When you think of a dog trying to rip apart a piece of raw meat, that is what chewing this cheesesteak was like.  After a few bites, I just couldn't eat anymore.

There are places to get cheesesteaks practically everywhere in Philly and the surrounding area.  For any locals or visitors to the area, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.  In the city, I'd recommend Jim's or Jon's on South Street.  In the suburbs, I find Pudge's to be the best.   Anywhere though is better than Campo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment