Friday, March 20, 2015

La Creperie




I love crepes. Period. Sweet, savory, breakfast, lunch, I love them all. So, when we came across La Creperie in Providence, RI, we made a stop for lunch. The shop was tiny, with only a few tables and a small bar, and right on the edge of Brown University's campus.

We ordered the Napolitaine and the Catherine. The Napolitaine, made with ham, swiss and mushrooms (we had it made without mushrooms), was melty and the perfect comfort food. The Catherine - chicken breast, cheddar cheese, sauteed spinach, and black olives - was the perfect balance of creamy and bitter to keep me coming back bite after bite until it was gone.

I would definitely recommend La Creperie, but be prepared to either take your crepes to go, or to wait for one of the few tables to free up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post! I was just debating whether to head over there and have my first savory crepe (ham and cheese without the mushrooms) - so this was lovely :) Too bad the location has such limited seating.

    ReplyDelete