Monday, October 11, 2010

Air Europa Refund Request

After we sent in our letter to Air Europa asking for a partial refund, we got absolutely no response from the airline, which was quite disappointing.  After a few weeks of waiting around, I decided to open up the issue with American Express, whose credit card I used to make the purchase.  They opened up a case with Air Europa to investigate the issue and after a few months, they did not receive a response either.

Due to Air Europa's lack of a response to both myself and to American Express, American Express ruled in my favor and refunded the money to me and cancelled the payment to Air Europa.  I must say that American Express did a great job with this by following through and helping out their customer.  They definitely get my recommendation as a credit card company to use as they really do protect their customers from vendors that don't follow through on their products or services.

For Air Europa though, I must say I'm quite disappointed in them.  They have shown that they have absolutely terrible customer service since they don't respond to their customer's inquiries, as well as the poor service on the flight itself.  For more details about our original issue, please click here to see what happened.

1 comment:

  1. Cheap Bastard!

    Humbled, yet proud,
    The Good O'le Ball Coach

    ReplyDelete