Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hartford Marriott Downtown Review

Review of the Hartford Marriott Downtown in Hartford, CT


The Hartford Marriott Downtown is just what you'd expect of a Marriott.  The lobby area is luxurious and the customer service is impeccable.  They offer all the standard amenities you'd expect and have a bar and restaurant onsite.  When my friend went to buy a gift for his daughter at the hotel gift shop, they even gave him a discount on it just as a kind gesture.

My room was your standard room with a view of the river.  It was very clean when I arrived and the housekeeping staff did an outstanding job when they came mid-day to clean up.  The bed was comfortable and the LCD TV was a nice touch.  The high-speed internet connection I found to be a bit slow, but it didn't prevent me from doing anything on the internet.

For the restaurant Vivo, most of the people I dined with enjoyed it.  For me personally though, the pork loin roast I ordered wasn't very good.  I think it is more likely that I just ordered the wrong thing on the menu for this restaurant since everyone else liked their meals, so I won't completely write it off at this point.  The staff was friendly and the ambiance was quiet and perfect for either a group of friends or for a couple.

When evaluating the cost of this, you do need to keep in mind that they charge for parking each night.  However, that is pretty standard for all of the hotels in the downtown area of Hartford.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank you for your great post. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog .It is interesting and helpful. Good luck with it!!!
    Cheap Rental Cars

    ReplyDelete